Every year taxpayers in Australia need to lodge Individual tax return in a proper manner. This task appears to be quite challenging for some and daunting for others at the same time. The question arises that how individual tax return in Australia actually works and what you need to know about it? However, a little readiness from now can ensure a number of benefits for you pertaining to your individual tax lodgement later.
Who Needs to Lodge Individual Tax Return in Australia?
Well, every person in Australia who earns a certain amount of income should lodge an individual tax return. There are certain expense related deductions which you can claim pertaining to your tax return earning and work. Do you wish to learn more about these tax-deductible costs which you can claim? If yes, then, you need to visit the official site of the Australian Taxation Office.
Ways to Lodge Your Individual Tax Return in Australia!
There are some rules and regulations introduced by the Australian Taxation Office related to effective lodgement of your individual tax return. So, to get started, you must remain handy with some basic pieces of information. These include the following:
- Crucial pieces of information related to your investment income are required by the ATO indispensably. These generally include your managed funds, dividends and potential shares if any.
- Your valid TFN or Tax File Number
- The pertinent Statement of your Income. These bits of information can be accessed through myGov which comprises an essential feature of the online services offered by the Australian Taxation Office. Alternatively, these data can be also be accessed from a payment summary which your employer has given you. To get information furthermore about your income statement or payment summary visit the official site of the Australian Taxation Office.
- Your tax number and BSB pertaining to any tax refund which you owe to the Australian Taxation Office.
- Any potential receipts pertaining to any benevolent donations made by you
- Any potential receipts pertaining to the pertinent expenses related to your work
- Detailed bits of information related to child support systems
- Information pieces related to the statement of your pertinent health insurance scheme
- A rundown related to the potential interest which you have earned via your bank accounts. Do pay a visit to the official site of NetBank to retrieve these pieces of information in an effective manner.
After you are prepared with these bits of information, it’s time for you to lodge your individual tax return. The ATO requires you to lodge the same before the due date gets over.
Hire a Registered Tax Agent in Perth!
There are particularly two options through which you can lodge your individual tax return in an effective manner. The first option is to lodge the tax return by yourself the second option is to trust a professional. In case of the latter option, a registered tax agent in Perth can provide you the choicest assistance in this matter. A tax agent who is certified will complete the entire task on your behalf faultlessly. You might need to hire a registered agent in Perth imperatively if you are being affected by the subsequent situations:
- If you are finding the taxing circumstances too complex to deal with
- In case you cannot complete the paper work in an effective manner and
- If you are a bit ignorant about the various taxing laws of the Australian Taxation Office
So, it’s a far better option appoint a registered tax agent Perth rather than completing an erroneous lodgement.
How Can a Registered Tax Agent in Perth Help You?
A tax agent conventionally charges a certain amount of fees from your end. However, if you are lodging your return in the subsequent year, then, the fees will be considered tax-deductible. The best part is you can attain complete peace of mind that the lodgement of your individual tax return is swift and impeccable.
Pos Tax Return Lodgment and its Consequences!
A Notice of Assessment (NoA) is generally sent by the Australian Taxation Office after they process your tax return painstakingly. It will acquaint you about whether or not you should pay money to the Australian Taxation Office or a refund is due. Hence, it’s crucial to preserve the NoA and its pertinent data carefully. It will help you with future correspondence with the Australian Taxation Office. Say for instance, if you’re applying for a loan or the ATO is asking you regarding your tax return etc.
Is it Possible to Lodge a Tax Return by Your Own?
If you feel that the assistance of a registered tax agent in Perth is not indispensable for you, then, bravo! You can lodge the tax return by yourself by using ATO’s myTax option by optimizing your myGov account. However, before submitting double check every bit of information related to your Personal tax lodgement. The time-frame to lodge your individual tax commences from 1st July every year and ends on 31st October. So, make sure that you lodge your tax return within this time-frame!